Moving can require a lot of packing, and sometimes it can be hard to pack certain items into boxes of different sizes, especially when you are in a rush or moving for the very first time.
There is no right or wrong way to pack your boxes when moving, although some ways work more efficiently than others. The following video will give you a list of packing tips to follow when preparing for a move.
- Avoid packing smaller items into large boxes but if necessary, fill the loose areas with balled up pieces of newspaper or linens.
- Pack large items into boxes that are tightly fitting rather than in a large box with areas of empty space. Not only will this protect your item better, but it will be easier for the movers to pick up and carry.
- Keep items grouped together by room.
- Label your boxes by room, and write the name of the person’s room on the box.
- Don’t get carried away with taping your boxes closed. Two layers is usually enough.
We hope you have found this article to be helpful, and wish you good luck on your moving day.